Friday, October 12, 2007

Nine Emperor God Festival

When i was enjoying my favorite drama on Astro suddenly i got a call from my buddy asking me to join their photography session at Nine Emperor God Temple which located in Ampang. Nine Emperor God Festival is a chinese festival to celebrate the return from heaven to earth of the nine emperor spirit. The festival falls on the ninth day of the ninth moon in the chinese lunar calender and it is claim that there will be rain through out the 9 days of the celebration. on the 1st day of the ninth moon, it is believe that the Nine Emperor God will arrive through the waterways thus devotees will welcome the Nine Emperor God at the sea-shore or river side. Devotees will dressed in traditional white, carrying joss stick and candles, await the arrival of their Excellencies. We arrived at the temple around 11:30pm and out of my expectation the crowd is less than what i expected. I been visited this temple since i was very young and i stop visiting after graduated from college cause being hated too many crowd and smoke! revisiting this temple recall me lot of sweetest memory from the young age, having lot of fun with my both sisters and parents...with my camera, i started up my journey with my past memory...


Main entrance of the Temple


We stood at the main entrance more than 30 mins just to capture this picture:)


i got lot of this when i was a kid...mom always say im wasting money..but who cares..i like it:P


is this what u want?


Burning paper money is like burning our earth slowly...im sure buddha doesn't want to see this happen.


This is what i can get through my Nikon D40 18-55mm zoom lens, wish i hv a wideangle lens with me at that time:P


Very nice lanterns, it captured my attention when i passed by and shoot with my camera immediately:)


1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8....Oppsss...8 or 9 floors???


Shooting at this angle is like playing with the fire because i stood so near to the giant joss stick that nearly burn my hair.


earthen, western and northern are still under construction so i took the southern 1st.


Granma: Pls bless the person who took my picture healthy and wealthy for the rest of his life.


Teamwork


may all ur wishes come true...


hope all my bad luck will gone with the rain...


dressed in traditional white to wait for the arrival of the nine emperor god..are you coming or not????


People catch the bird and release by whoever that willing to pay for it..isn't a good way to do business? sin zoi sin zoi...


Must earn back the money i used to rent this wheel chair hehe...


My buddy and i

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This blog entry is awesome, mate! Your photographs are absolutely amazing! I myself joined the festival at the Tow Boh Keong temple in Ipoh, last night and had a great time ;)

Anonymous said...

Purchasing memory cards is such a time consuming process... You have to Google prices, sort through which ones are genuine, step out and walk around a bunch of stores,compare prices, finally buy your memory, and then hope that the price doesn't fall in the next 2 weeks or so.

I've been done in by rapid price drops in the past... especially this one time when I bought a Micro SD card for my R4 gaming flash card at what I mistakenly assumed was a steal, only to later see that it fell $5 in a week.

(Submitted on TF3 for R4i Nintendo DS.)